Take advantage of this unique opportunity to actively shape WorkMotion's growth story. As our Director of Engineering, you’ll have the chance to experience a unique 360° perspective behind the curtains of a textbook hyper-growth scale-up.
WorkMotion is a well-funded global HR platform enabling companies to hire & onboard employees internationally with just a push of a button without a local branch. We manage payroll, social benefits, and taxes - 100% legally compliant.
What you'll do...
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Implement innovative technologies
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
What we're looking for...
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record of leading large-scale java projects.
- Strong analytical and good communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
What we offer…
- As a fully remote and completely distributed team, you can do your best work from anywhere you are the happiest #LI-remote
- Opportunities to get to know some of your colleagues at our offices
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based culture with substantial growth opportunities
- Trust-based work – organize your own schedule. We want to celebrate results, not hours spent working
- Collaborative team culture where everyone's input is valued
- Subsidised gym membership subscription and other benefits
- Training and development allowance
- Regular company and team events like Summer or Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
*Some benefits may vary due to local law and regulations.
Who we are…
WorkMotion is a remote-first HR-tech startup founded in 2020. We offer an all-in-one HR platform to our clients, allowing them to compliantly hire the very best talent anywhere in the world (WorkGlobal & WorkDirect). Additionally, we enable our customers to retain their talents by offering them location-flexible temporary employment abroad through our easy to use WorkFlex product.
WorkMotion is led by an experienced founding team, and backed by some of the most renowned investors globally. You will be part of our incredibly intercultural team, distributed all over this beautiful planet and will have the chance to learn and grow with the company. If you like to roll up your sleeves and go all in, we can do it and build the #futureofwork together! We'd love to see you soon.
**No matter what you look like, where you’re from or where you prefer to work, we encourage all to apply. We believe that the more diversified we are, the more we can revolutionize the work