Bolt is looking for a Director of HR Operations to lead strategy and implementation of key processes, programs, and policies that enable the HR Operations team to operate effectively and support Bolt’s rapidly growing team.
The ideal candidate will have previous operational experience supporting diverse teams and teammates, managing employees and being responsible for various aspects of HR systems: Benefits, Payroll, Performance Management, Onboarding, etc. In this role you will take a data-driven approach married with common sense to ensure every employee has an excellent experience. You’ll coordinate and work with Talent, IT, Workplace, Employee Experience, and stakeholders across the organization to design and deploy progressive policies and programs that demonstrate Bolt's commitment to and care for it's teammates.
- You will shape and define the overall HR Operations team strategy and operating model - which will initially include: Total Rewards, Offboarding, Payroll, Compliance & Policy, Immigration, HelpHR, and HR Tools & Analytics.
- Design and document HR/People Ops related policies and collaborate with partner teams to ensure business operations policies are implemented and followed.
- Manage our Employee Handbook, ensuring that all policies are kept up to date with local and federal regulations and in line with our company operating principles.
- Support the execution of our biannual performance review processes.
- Partner with our HRBP, Talent, Finance, and Benefits leads to design and operationalize HR strategies into the day to day business operations.
- Lead the charge on our total compensation programs, salary structure, market analysis, equity programs, and overall compensation philosophy.
- Leverage The Radford Aon data to assess market compensation trends for hyper-growth companies.
- Manage compensation and incentive programs, including wage changes, pay review analysis, employee rewards, annual review, recognition, and benefits.
- Act as SME in all areas of compensation and rewards to leadership and talent acquisitions.
- Acts as an advisor to Business Leaders providing HR expertise on HR related matters; for example, coaching, resource planning, succession planning, and employee relations.
- Build and enhance internal and cross-functional processes (HR, Benefits, LOA, and Retirement) to improve efficiency and eliminate bottlenecks.
- You will oversee all HR systems (i.e Lattice, ADP, Cocoon, Pave and PEO Canada) to ensure that it is optimized to meet the needs of our business and employees.
- Direct and mentor our HR Operations team.
- 8+ years of experience in total rewards, compensation, benefits, or human resources/generalist experience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a peer with functional leaders within Bolt.
- Has expertise in project management and change management.
- Has a strong understanding of HR fundamentals and demonstrated success in driving large cross-functional initiatives from the ground up.
Nice to have:
- Love rolling up your sleeves to do the necessary on-the-ground work.
- You’re highly adaptable, flexible and all about supporting your teammates.
- Are action and outcome-oriented. You love good processes, but you know that no one likes overly complicated bureaucratic processes.
- When it comes to People Operations, you’re all about efficiency, happy engagement, clarity, and quality.
- Are strategic, and as good at saying “no” as you are at generating new ideas. You describe yourself as a Culture Champion. Whether it’s company values, changes to processes, or a new hire, you’re engaged and vocal about contributing to a truly special culture.
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Retirement plans
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Cell & Wifi stipend
- Work from home stipend
- Wellness stipend
- Competitive Pay
- Virtual team events
Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.