At Current, we’re on a mission to enable our members to create better financial outcomes for themselves. Headquartered in NYC, we’re a leading U.S. fintech and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 4 million members. No matter your title, we’re a team that collaborates on building great products and making an impact together.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Director of Product Management for Credit, you’ll help drive one of the core business units at Current. Access to credit is critical for Current’s customer base, and you will be helping build this team from the ground up, leveraging rich data sets that inform eligibility in new ways, helping drive value in new and differentiated ways. You will be responsible for setting direction, driving strategy and ensuring success of the unit through data-driven insights. You will monitor and communicate progress while developing and leading a team of product experts that can help drive new product initiatives and capabilities. You’ll partner closely with other leaders in Engineering, Operations, Security, Risk, Data Science, and other cross-functional partners to prioritize work based on impact and drive strong execution.
- Own and help drive the strategy for Credit at Current.
- Lead the ideation, technical development of capabilities and tools that power innovative credit features which can positively impact our customer base.
- Hire and mentor a team of platform product managers to set OKRS and backlogs which layer up to a cohesive roadmap strategy
- Collaborate with technical leaders to set strategy for the team, and communicate the impact and risks both within the team, and more broadly within the organization.
- Identify metrics used to inform the product roadmap and measure success to drive product iteration
- Partner with every function in the organization to collaboratively build products that drive the most value for the consumer.
- Strong consumer product and user experience instincts - you have a knack for understand what people want and makes an experience meet and exceed their expectations
- Empathetic people leadership- you are able to understand and motivate a diverse group of stakeholders to achieve the best outcomes for the business.
- Creative problem solver - able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Not hesitant to get hands dirty and do whatever is necessary to ensure success
- Outcome oriented - not reactionary; you can articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- 8+ years of product management experience.
- Prior zero to one experience in launching consumer credit or lending products is must
- Very strong analytical skills
- Experienced in leading cross-functional team of engineering, product, risk, legal and compliance, data science, marketing and other key stakeholders
- Prior experience in managing end-to-end strategy, P&L and budget for the subprime credit portfolio is preferred
- Comfortable getting into the weeds on a variety of technical issues
- Deep understanding of customer needs and strategies to understand and tackle their problems.
- Experience managing product teams and adjusting process and structure for success.
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced and fluid startup environment
- Has worked with varied teams and multiple stakeholders to launch features
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Unlimited time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Fitness benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches