DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC FINANCE
Current is a leading U.S. fintech serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 4 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empowers everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will support Current’s growth through strategic finance, contributing to analytical insight, pricing, product-road mapping, user acquisition, impact-sizing of various growth initiatives, and revenue maximization through capital allocation. You’ll communicate your findings to executives and partner with other teams to operationalize the takeaways. This role requires a strong interest in puzzle solving, ability to recognize patterns, and cross-functional partnership (Marketing, Product, Data, and Partnerships). Additionally, it requires strong leadership and mentoring ability, as this director will inherit a high-caliber team already delivering top-class output, and is already heavily relied upon. This is an exceptional opportunity to have a considerable impact on a rapidly scaling company. If you possess an acute mind for strategy & execution on top of interpersonal skills, and want to use this combination to influence the success of a high-growth fintech startup, we encourage you to apply!
- Lead a team of capable analysts already possessing high degrees of communication skill, analytical ability, and a broad tool-kit across finance, data, and strategic concepts.
- Collaborate with leaders across product, growth, marketing, and partnerships to operationalize the highest potential revenue opportunities.
- Help revenue-generating teams answer difficult questions around how our resource-allocation and team initiatives impact our business.
- Collaborate with data to translate a/b tests into forecasted profit and unit-economic impact.
- Ad-hoc analysis on opportunities to further scale or improve efficiency.
- 8+ years in finance, banking, consulting, or other analytical role.
- Experience scaling organizations in a startup environment is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate and influence. Master ‘storyteller’
- Proven track record of translating insight to business outcomes.
- Strong leader with a deep mentorship mentality.
- Strong data analytical ability - experience with SQL is a plus.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple priorities while seeing the ‘forest’ as well as the trees.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches