Our mission is to deliver high-quality primary care that is accessible, convenient and affordable for all. Every single day you’ll be working on challenging problems with an exceptional team to profoundly transform primary care and improve people’s quality of life.
This role allows you to work from anywhere you choose across the U.S. (excluding U.S. territories), with the flexibility to work from the Seattle HQ office as often as you’d like. Our core working hours are from 10 am to 4 pm Pacific Time Monday through Friday. Please be aware that all employees are expected to be available during these hours.
Your role and impact
As the Engineering Enablement Manager, you will design a program to efficiently onboard new engineers and developers, develop curriculum and run training sessions. You will work in collaboration with a cross-functional training team and current engineers to achieve the goal of rapidly onboarding new technical employees. You will define and drive key metrics, develop and implement long-term strategies and embody relentless improvement.
- Develop and deliver the technical training program for efficient engineer onboarding
- Collaboratively determine training needs by analyzing onboarding impediments and driving improvements
- Drive and own all phases of instructional design and delivery, ensuring quality and schedule accuracy
- Facilitate comprehensive learning and training through multiple channels, including instructor-led, engineer-led, self-study, blended learning, embedded learning and e-learning
- Select and design training modalities to meet individual-use cases
- Develop KPIs for training and regularly communicate performance against these KPIs
- Partner with the People team to ensure solutions consider the bigger picture of the organization as a whole
- Make high-judgment trade-offs between new hire experience, high quality execution and speed-to-solution while mitigating risks
- Influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross-functional teams across geographies and business units
- 5+ years experience leading technical training for software engineers
- Background conducting a training needs analysis with implementation of the full cycle: identify, design, delivery, evaluation
- Ability to develop and execute learning goals and strategies based on broader organizational objectives and strategy
- Capable of synthesizing and deriving insights from large and diverse datasets, identifying issues and recommending solutions
- Demonstrated experience successfully running ambitious and ambiguous cross-functional projects
- Strong problem-solving skills and creativity to add value and diversity of thought to our team
- Experience working in high-growth engineering organizations preferred
98point6 provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or other protected status.