Bolt’s mission is to democratize commerce by making online buying easy, trusted, and consistent for millions of happy shoppers. Read more about our mission in our manifesto. We believe that every retailer will need ecommerce to power their business in the future, and to do that effectively they need Bolt.
Bolt’s success is deeply tied to our culture and the environment we’ve created that bridges humanity with execution. We believe in Conscious Culture so much, we created Conscious.org to share it with the world. As its first-ever Executive Director, you will be the strategic and operational lead for the organization charged with growing it from the ground up and elevating the Conscious Culture brand through building an actively-engaged community, generating compelling content, and earned media opportunities. You will build Conscious.org both as a resource for high-value content in addition to establishing Conscious.org as an authoritative voice in shaping the best-in-class business cultures of the future. You’ll oversee a Content Marketing Manager to start and nurture the creation of a Conscious community through content programs to drive awareness and engagement while identifying future partnership opportunities to expand the reach of organization. You will work closely with Bolt’s executive team and the advisory board of Conscious.org to define the long-term strategic direction and execution of the organization.
- Ensure that Conscious.org’s mission and vision is well-articulated and well-understood by its advisory board, partners, and stakeholders.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization to ensure its overall success, both in the long- and short-term.
- Serve as the chief ambassador, strategist, external champion, and organizational leader for Conscious.org.
- Assess ongoing personnel needs for the organization, build a team and provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to all future employees.
- Substantially grow the number of companies and employees that sign the Conscious Culture pledge.
- Conduct outreach to initiate, cultivate, and extend relationships with external companies and individuals with an emphasis on growth.
- Oversee all content publishing and marketing that builds awareness and engagement.
- Ensure all written and spoken communication is consistent with Conscious.org’s brand and values.
- Maintain regular and ongoing communication with Bolt’s executive leadership and the advisory board to report on progress and align on key performance indicators.
- 10+ years of management experience including but not limited to successfully managing employee experience at a strategic and leadership level, or leading a business that has demonstrated growth and profitability.
- Broad management experience, including program and project development, implementation, and evaluation; short- and long-term strategic planning; and budgetary oversight.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with considerable experience in shaping public opinion and interacting with the media.
- Exceptional leadership presence and the required experience serving as a spokesperson for an organization.
- An understanding of how to leverage an organization’s visibility, credibility, and brand recognition through relationship-building, the media, and other calls to action.
- Possess oversight and financial competencies and the ability to manage business affairs and public relations of a nonprofit organization.