After our recent $34M Series A investment round led by Tiger Global, we are looking for you to lead Hive's venture development function. What you will do:
- Work closely with founders and leadership team to develop the overall Venture Development strategy, set priorities and goals for the team, and define resources and investments needed to achieve those goals
- Become the go-to person for venture development strategy clarification. Work across the organization to get the buy-in on key projects and drive implementation of strategic initiatives
- Coordinate, shape and oversee the development of new revenue lines (e.g. packaging procurement, inventory financing, end-customer support) locally and internationally, by conducting market, financial and feasibility case studies to shape our growth strategy
- Lead and expand a lean team of Venture Developers by driving, overseeing and supporting the operations strategy for existing and new ventures within Hive to ensure excellent delivery, within scope, timeline and budget
- Evaluate acquisition strategies for new services, including creating new partnerships, alliances and negotiating contracts between Hive and new service providers
- Execute internal cross-functional projects to evolve processes, communication lines and analytics for Hive's rapid growth
We know that you can't always tick every box. We'd still love to hear from you if you think you'd be a good fit!
- You have 5+ years of experience at high-performing organizations (e.g consulting, startups, IB, PE), ideally in Venture Development at a high-growth scale-up
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to work closely with and influence stakeholders thanks to excellent communication and coordination skills
- High level of comfort with ambiguity, multitasking and being a part of complex strategy discussions
- Reputation for integrity, dedicated work ethic, and desire for ownership & accountability
- You are hungry to build hands-on new ventures from scratch and tackle urgent internal projects in an industry-defining company
- You speak English fluently (German not required)
- Be part of the Hive. You'll work with a highly driven team of exceptional and experienced people in all domains. People at the Hive have worked at organizations such as McKinsey, J.P. Morgan, Blackstone, N26, and Amazon before. We believe in a culture of trust, collaboration, empowerment and constructive feedback in a positive and inspiring work atmosphere
- Make an impact. Join a young company with an entrepreneurial culture operating at lightning speed — we have bold ambitions
- You'll be valued. We offer attractive compensation — and the opportunity to help shape an early-stage startup from the ground up
- There's more! Enjoy flexible working hours, free drinks and fresh fruits in our office in the heart of Berlin-Mitte and join regular team events
We provide logistics made for tomorrow.
Better e-commerce operations — fast, transparent, and affordable.
Hive’s mission is to digitize logistics for e-commerce merchants, enabling businesses to run their operations on autopilot. Hive is the operational brain for D2C brands, taking on order fulfillment, shipping, returns, and more for a wide range of companies and product categories. We help enable fast-growing brands such as Yepoda, Ela Mo, and Holy Energy to grow.
Backed by acclaimed global investors including EarlyBird, TigerGlobal, Picus Capital, and Activant, we are rapidly expanding our pan-European network with our newly opened fulfillment center and office in Paris, and Milan, Madrid, and London in the pipeline.
Hive is logistics for the future.
We question the conventional way of doing things and aim to push boundaries in all areas. Hive focuses on changing the way e-commerce fulfillment is done and strives toward creating the most advanced and sustainable solutions in the logistics field, enabling our customers to keep growing while keeping them close to the customer.
At Hive, we believe fostering diversity in every team makes us a stronger company overall. We do not discriminate based on religion, skin color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability, and encourage applications from all backgrounds. We strive to create an inclusive workplace where everyone feels encouraged to be their true self and to grow professionally.